‘If a teacher can’t make me smile, we don’t employ them,’ says longstanding Head Jonathan Beale. His focus on happiness permeates this delightful, rural school where pupils chase tractors and talk to the neighbouring cows. It will be no surprise that forest school, alongside the outdoor classroom with its pond and mud kitchen, inspires a fervent eco-warriors club. With the belief that happy children learn best, Chesham Prep is proud that 60 per cent of pupils qualify for highly competitive local grammar school places. ‘Sport is for all’ and a new 25-metre pool further boosts seven acres of facilities, including an all-weather pitch, Astro Turf and grass wicket with a bowling machine for cricket fans.
We believe that children have the right to thrive at school and that this school should provide a stimulating educational environment within which all its pupils can learn and grow with enjoyment.
Aims of the School
The school aims to nurture pupils who:-
- Are known and valued as individuals
- Are intellectually curious and inspired by a love of learning
- Are ambitious and assured with the skills and self-belief which allows them to pursue their goals and aspirations
- Are confident and prepared for the next stage of their educational journey
- Have understanding, respect and sensitivity towards the diversity of the school and wider community
- Are good citizens with a willingness to be kind, generous, courteous and considerate
Preparing children in this way, and within this wider context, underpins all that we do.
To achieve the above we offer:-
- A broad range of challenges and academic opportunities
- An extensive and varied programme of curricular and extra-curricular activities which develop skills, character and cultural awareness
- High quality pastoral care in which each individual is known, valued, nurtured and encouraged
- A stimulating environment which encourages the pursuit of excellence in every endeavour
- To develop and maximise the school’s facilities and resources to ensure that the pupils benefit from an exceptional learning environment